Having a marketing degree is not the end of the road. It requires continuous learning because marketing keeps on evolving. As I was responding to a question on a LinkedIn post, I shared the following list of skills and traits that I think will be crucial for aspiring marketing professionals.
- Take Math, writing, and public speaking very, very, very seriously.
- Learn, at least, language other than your native one.
- Learn, at least, the basics of coding and web design.
- Learn as much as possible about world geography; perhaps a specific continent or region.
- Nurture collaboration skills.
- Develop multicultural competencies.
- Be creative. Be artistic.
- Value quality.
- Be caring.
- Be honest. Be ethical.
If you would like to add more to the list, by any means, please do so. 👇🏽